A Campus on the North Park Blocks
PNCA Educates Creative Problem Solvers
As Oregon’s flagship college of art and design since 1909, Pacific Northwest College of Art has helped shape Oregon’s visual arts landscape for more than a century. PNCA students learn from award-winning faculty in small class sizes. Here, leading-edge work emerges from studio process and a commitment to creative practice and design.
PNCA is Powered by Creativity and Collaboration
In the last seven years, PNCA has doubled both the student body and full-time faculty, quadrupled the endowment, and added innovative new undergraduate and graduate programs. No wonder The Wall Street Journal has called Portland the nation’s next art capital.
Creativity Works Here: A Transformational Vision
PNCA is now embarking on our boldest venture yet: a $15 million campaign to transform not just a college, but a city, by establishing the Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design as an anchor for the College’s vision of a new campus home on Portland’s North Park Blocks, thanks to a lead gift from the Harold and Arlene Schnitzer CARE Foundation of $5 million to name the historic former post office at 511 NW Broadway.
PNCA’s Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design
PNCA’s new home will become a bustling new hub for creativity and entrepreneurship, reflecting the transformational power of art and design. The 134,000 square foot building will enable the College to shed expensive leased spaces and to grow the student body from 600 to 1,000 by 2018. PNCA’s Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design will serve as the gateway to the transformation of the North Park Blocks, which also encompasses PNCA’s partner, the Museum of Contemporary Craft and ArtHouse, a spectacular new residence hall opening in 2013.
Photos: Heather Zinger ‘10 | Architectural rendering of the atrium in the new Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design. Courtesy of Allied Works Architecture.
Call or Email