In addition to the application requirements for a PNCA program (Undergraduate or Graduate), international students living outside the United States must fulfill special application requirements that are outlined in the International Student Brochure.
International student applicants requiring an F-1 student visa must submit documentation of proficiency in English (non-English speaking countries only), financial means of support and good health.
Students who are citizens of another country, but who hold Permanent Resident status in the United States, may apply to PNCA by fulfilling the application requirements for domestic students. Permanent Residents must include proof of their residency status in their application materials.
English Proficiency Requirements
International student applicants whose first language is not English must prove their English competency level as part of the application process. PNCA allows students to document their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 550 PBT (Paper Based Test)
- 213 CBT (Computer Based Score), or 79 IBT (Internet Based Test).
- MELAB test with a minimum score of 77.
- Achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 600 PBT (Paper Based Test)
- 250 CBT (Computer Based Score)
- 100 IBT (Internet Based Test)
- MELAB test with a minimum score of 84.
- Complete a full year of:
- college-level English at an American college
- university (numbered 100 or above) with a grade of C or better
Official score documentation sent directly to PNCA Admissions by a TOEFL office is required. Unofficial documentation cannot be accepted.
International Admissions Office 国际招生部
503-821-8972 | 電話 - telephone
503-821-8978 | 傳真 - fax