International Student Requirements
Officially translated high school or college transcripts:
PNCA requires applicants who plan to transfer academic credits earned at non-US institutions to submit a translated evaluation of their secondary (high school) and postsecondary (college) transcript(s).
Proof of English language proficiency:
International students must demonstrate English language proficiency. Students from countries where English is the official language do not need to submit English language test scores to demonstrate proficiency.
All test scores must be taken within two years from the date of the application to PNCA. Official test scores must be directly sent from the testing service to the PNCA Office of International Admissions.
PNCA accepts English language proficiency scores from the test services below with the following minimum scores:
TOEFL Degree Level Paper Scores (PBT) Internet Scores (iBT) Undergraduate 550 79 Graduate 600 84 IELTS Undergraudate 6.5 Graduate 7 CAE (Cambridge English) Undergraduate 180 (Grade C) CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference of Languages) Undergraduate C1 Graduate C1 PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic) Undergraduate 58 Undergraudate 64
PNCA accepts certain conditions in place of the proof of English language proficiency requirement:
- SAT Critical Reading and Writing score of 490 and greater
- ACT English and Reading subsections scores of 20 and greater
- IB English score of four and greater
- AP English Language score of three and greater
- Minimum two years' attendance at an English-speaking secondary school or a four-year college or university (excluding extended-education coursework)
- Completion of US-transferable coursework equivalent to English 1A (writing) and/or 1B (literature) with a grade of C or above
- Completion of ELS Center Level 112
- Completion of The Language Company - Berkeley, Level 9
International Student Information Form
The International Student Information Form must be clear and emailed as a scan. Pictures of the form will not be accepted.
Financial Verification Form with copies of financial documents:
The Financial Verification Form and copies of financial documents must be clear and emailed as a scan. Pictures of the form and documents will not be accepted.
Color photocopy of the picture page of the passport:
Color photocopy must be clear and scanned. Pictures of the passport will not be accepted.
Copies of previous I-20 forms for international transfer students:
I-20 copies must be clear and emailed as a scan. Pictures of the form will not be accepted.