The PNCA Board of Governors has announced that the first comprehensive fundraising campaign in the College’s history will close at the end of September, exceeding its $32 million goal. Significant support from individuals, corporations and foundations has made possible the transformation of PNCA from a small regional school to a distinctive and nationally competitive college of art and design. During the Campaign for PNCA+FIVE (the Ford Institute for Visual Education), the College has experienced tremendous growth, more than doubling enrollment, securing the purchase of its main campus building at 1241 NW Johnson Street, establishing new scholarship endowments, enhancing programmatic support, forming a partnership with Museum of Contemporary Craft and quadrupling the College’s general endowment fund.
A major milestone of the campaign was a $15 million gift from the late Hallie Ford in 2007. This contribution, the largest gift ever made to an arts education organization in Oregon, has enabled the College to become an innovative center of excellence and has served as a catalyst for expanding the College’s graduate programs and offerings to the community. A portion of Mrs. Ford’s gift along with three separate $1 million dollar donations from the Harold and Arlene Schnitzer Care Foundation, Maybelle Clark Macdonald Fund and PNCA Board Chair Al Solheim enabled the College to purchase its main campus building.
Read the full “press release”:http://www.pnca.edu/news/press/916/pacific-northwest-college-of-art-announces-successful-close-of-college-s-first-comprehensive-capital-campaign.