Continuing Education Blog
PNCA offers evening and weekend classes for adults and young people. For adults we offer courses in art, craft, and design, as well as professional development classes. For children we have Saturday classes during the school year and week-long camps during the summer. In addition to our regular teen classes, we also offer immersive summer Pre-College Studios. Our blog below gives you an idea of some of the goings on, and you can see our full course catalogue online here.
Spring and Summer with PNCA Continuing Education features a number of Printmaking classes including Etching and the return Master Printmaker Jim Reid’s summer workshop. Printmaking classes are taught by artists working in the medium that they teach and are held in the Gordon Gilkey Print Center with a full range of printing presses and screenprinting equipment.
- Collagraphy -the art of making printing matrixies from found materials;
- Etching – this class explores a variety of basic intaglio techniques including drypoint, line etching, soft-ground, aquatint and simple approaches to color printing;
- Printmaking: Inside + Outside the Frame – a unique opportunity to work with Jim Reid on idea generation and print proofing, not editioning, and to develop your creative process and work;
- Screenprinting – an immediate process, carries a rich serial range and unique possibilities for translating drawn, painted, photographic and digital images into complex explorations of color and composition;
- Screenprinting Pre-College – for ages 15-18, this class introduces this popular printmaking technique;
- Textile Design + Printing – bring imaginative fabrics to life by using a variety of handprinting methods.
By month ...