Continuing Education Blog
We’ll, it’s that time again. We have to say goodbye to another session of Youth classes at PNCA. The last 8 weeks have been amazing! We’ve had the pleasure of working with some exceptional students, and been witness to some incredibly creative responses to the projects that our instructors present. Here are some moments we will remember.
If you would like to see some of the awesome artwork that our students have made this term you can visit our Online Exhibition Venue on Flickr. If you would like to see more images from our classrooms you can do so by visiting our In the Classroom Collection.
Spring and Summer with PNCA Continuing Education features a number of Printmaking classes including Etching and the return Master Printmaker Jim Reid’s summer workshop. Printmaking classes are taught by artists working in the medium that they teach and are held in the Gordon Gilkey Print Center with a full range of printing presses and screenprinting equipment.
- Collagraphy -the art of making printing matrixies from found materials;
- Etching – this class explores a variety of basic intaglio techniques including drypoint, line etching, soft-ground, aquatint and simple approaches to color printing;
- Printmaking: Inside + Outside the Frame – a unique opportunity to work with Jim Reid on idea generation and print proofing, not editioning, and to develop your creative process and work;
- Screenprinting – an immediate process, carries a rich serial range and unique possibilities for translating drawn, painted, photographic and digital images into complex explorations of color and composition;
- Screenprinting Pre-College – for ages 15-18, this class introduces this popular printmaking technique;
- Textile Design + Printing – bring imaginative fabrics to life by using a variety of handprinting methods.
By month ...