We invite degree-seeking international students to join us at this world-class center of learning, innovation, and creative research on the Pacific Rim.
Additional Application Requirements
An international student is any person who currently resides or plans to reside in the United States on a non-immigrant visa while studying at Pacific Northwest College of Art. U.S. citizens living abroad, permanent residents (green card holders), and persons with asylum or refugee status are NOT considered international students.
As an international student, you will fill out the regular undergraduate or graduate student application, plus we'll need a few more pieces of information from you as outlined below.
We are here to help, every step of the way.
If you have any questions about applying as an International Student or need assistance understanding our application requirements and process, please contact our International Office anytime M-F, 9am-5pm PST.
In addition to completing the general undergraduate or graduate application requirements, international students must also provide the following supplemental items.
- All documents submitted to PNCA must be in English; therefore, official translations are required.
- For students wishing to transfer credits from an institution outside of the U.S. or those applying to the graduate program, your transcripts must be evaluated by WES. WES does not translate your transcripts. Officially translated transcripts must be provided to WES. See the WES website for more details and how to start this process.
Proof of English Proficiency
- English language test scores are not needed for students who are citizens of any of the following countries and attended schools where English is the primary language of instruction:
- United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, India, South Africa and Commonwealth Caribbean.
International students who received a diploma or degree from a non-English teaching institution must provide official test scores showing proficiency in English. TOEFL and IELTS are the most common English testing services available. If you have achieved English proficiency from a different testing service, please contact Rianna Robertson-LeVay for the minimum score requirements.
|TOEFL TEST SCORE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS|
|DEGREE LEVEL||PAPER SCORES (PBT)||INTERNET SCORES (IBT)|
|IELTS Test Score Minimum Requirements|
International Student Application
Notes for completing the International Student Application.
- Complete the Immigration and Visa Information Sheet on page 5, with the information as it appears in your passport.
- Complete the PNCA Program Information on page 6.
- Complete the Visa Information (if it applies to you) on page 6.
Copy of Passport
Color photocopy of the picture page of the passport, and if applicable, current nonimmigrant visa. Color photocopy must be clear and scanned. Pictures of the passport will not be accepted.
If you have not yet completed a first university degree (equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree), please apply as an undergraduate student.
If you have completed a first university degree (equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree) and want a Master’s degree, please apply as a graduate student.
If you want to study at PNCA for a short-term (semester or year) exchange, please visit our International Office for more information.