We invite degree-seeking international students to join us at this world-class center of learning, innovation, and creative research on the Pacific Rim.
Additional Application Requirements
An international student is any person who currently resides or plans to reside in the United States on a non-immigrant visa while studying at Pacific Northwest College of Art. U.S. citizens living abroad, permanent residents (green card holders), and persons with asylum or refugee status are not considered international students.
As an international student, you will fill out the regular undergraduate or graduate student application, plus we'll need a few more pieces of information from you as outlined below.
We are here to help, every step of the way.
If you have any questions about applying as an International Student or need assistance understanding our application requirements and process, please contact our International Office anytime M-F, 9am-5pm PST.
In addition to completing the general undergraduate or graduate application requirements, international students must also provide the following supplemental items.
Any student who graduates from or who wishes to transfer credits from an institution outside of the U.S. must submit a transcript evaluation before the Form I-20 will be created and/or before an official transfer audit will be completed. Transcript evaluations can be ordered from WES, ECE or any other NACES members.
- A course-by-course evaluation is required if you intend to transfer credit from an institution outside of the U.S. to PNCA, otherwise a general evaluation with GPA is sufficient.
- If your transcript is from a U.S. high school or institution, an official transcript is sufficient and a transcript evaluation is not needed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Rianna Robertson-LeVay, firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof of English Proficiency
English language test scores not needed for:
- Native English speakers
- Students educated at schools where English is the primary language of instruction.
- Students who studied at a U.S. high school or institution (without ESOL courses).
- Students who complete all Level 5 courses of Pacific International Academy’s Intensive English program.
All other international students must provide official test scores showing proficiency in English. TOEFL and IELTS are the most common English testing services available. If you have achieved English proficiency from a different testing service, please contact Rianna Robertson-LeVay at email@example.com for minimum score requirements.
International Student Visa Information Form
Email the completed International Student Visa Information Form to Rianna at firstname.lastname@example.org once you are admitted and decide to attend PNCA. In addition to paying the deposit, PNCA requires a completed International Student Visa Information Form with supporting financial documents before the Form I-20 will be created and mailed to you.
Notes for completing the International Student Visa Information Form:
- Complete the SEVIS Information Sheet on page 5 with the information as it appears in your passport.
- Complete the PNCA Program Information on page 6
- Complete the Current Visa Information on page 6 if you currently have a valid visa for studying in the United States or are in the U.S. on another visa.
- International students are required by the U.S. Government to prove that they have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of attendance at PNCA.
- Find the estimated Cost of Attendance for your program (page 7) and with the scholarships offered by PNCA, demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to attend PNCA by completing the Financial Verification Form(s) on pages 8-10.
Copy of Passport
Color photocopy of the picture page of the passport, and if applicable, current nonimmigrant visa. Color photocopy must be clear and scanned. Pictures of the passport will not be accepted.
If you have not yet completed a first university degree (equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree), please apply as an undergraduate student.
If you have completed a first university degree (equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree) and want a Master’s degree, please apply as a graduate student.
If you want to study at PNCA for a short-term (semester or year) exchange, please visit our International Office for more information.
PNCA offers a variety of scholarships for domestic and international students alike. Scholarships range from $10,000-$19,000 depending on quality of portfolio, GPA, and essay. There is no additional application to be considered for these scholarships. The scholarships are renewable for up to four years and require that students maintain a 2.0 GPA. For more information, please email email@example.com.
The Cost of Attendance, or COA, is the estimated tuition, fees, and living expenses before any scholarship has been awarded. Click here for the 2019-20 estimated Costs of Attendance for all of our undergraduate and graduate programs.
As part of the #YouAreWelcomeHere We offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition. We support #YouAreWelcomeHere's goals of providing increased access to higher education in the U.S. for talented international students to develop future world leaders who will advance intercultural understanding.
We are no longer accepting applications for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship at this time. If you are interested in applying for 2020-2021, please email Rianna Robertson-LeVay at firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn More