We welcome applications for our Post-Baccalaureate residency from students who have completed an undergraduate degree and want to prepare for graduate school or deepen their independent practices.
Review the Post-Baccalaureate Residency Application Checklist below. This tells you what materials you will need to apply.
Submit your Application forms and materials, and pay the PNCA Post-Bacc Application Fee ($65) at the website PNCA.Slideroom.com.
Applications for Fall 2019 open September 1, 2018. Priority Application Deadline is February 1, 2019; applications will continue to be accepted after this date until the cohort is filled.
- PNCA Post-Baccalaureate Residency Online Application Form at Slideroom.com
- Post-Baccalaureate Residency Application Fee ($65 US)
- Application Materials:
- Current Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Please use this statement to address the focus of your work and the direction you wish to pursue in the Post-Baccalaureate Residency.
- Discuss your reasons for applying to PNCA’s Post-Baccalaureate Residency and the artistic goals you wish to achieve during your time in the program.
- Be specific as to your focus of research and how you see this evolving or changing during your time in the Post-Baccalaureate Residency.
- Describe the pathway you envision for yourself as part of the program.
- Discuss the issues, concerns and influences in your work.
- Your portfolio is an extremely important part of your application and the opportunity to present your best and most recent work. The portfolio review is used to assess the artistic potential of the student.
- Include 15 to 20 examples of your recent work.
- If you are including video/audio, no more than six minutes of moving image or sound.
- Submit the transcript from the institution that granted your undergraduate degree. This can be a scan of a paper transcript or a digital file downloaded from your degree-granting school. If admitted to PNCA, your official transcript in its original sealed envelope will need to be submitted to PNCA before starting classes.
- For international applicants with transcripts/records in a language other than English, PNCA requires them to be evaluated and translated to English by World Educational Services (WES). Information about WES is available at http://www.wes.org. Please note: International students are not eligible to apply to this program, unless they are permanent residents of the United States.
Please note: International students are not eligible to apply to this program, unless they are permanent residents of the United States.
How to prepare your portfolio
Your portfolio is your best opportunity to show us who you are as an artist or designer.
Prepare images or files of your best recent works. For internet-based projects, submit a screenshot of the URL.
For each piece you will upload to your portfolio on Slideroom, you will need
- Dimensions (2D/3D artwork) / Length (Time-based work)
File format guidelines:
Up to 5MB
.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
Up to 60MB
.m4v, .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .asf, .mpeg, .mpg, .mkv
Up to 30 MB
.mp3, .wma, .ogg, .flac
Up to 10 MB