Post-Baccalaureate Residency’s Diversity Excellence Scholarship
The recipient of the Diversity Excellence Scholarship will receive $5000 for the one year residency. Each year, this scholarship will be awarded to a Black, African American, Indigenous, Native American, or non-Black student of color who has been admitted to Pacific Northwest College of Art's Post-Baccalaureate Residency. This scholarship was developed to support individuals striving for excellence in their chosen fields, and is in addition to the initial merit and portfolio-based scholarship that students receive upon admission into PNCA.
How to apply for the PNCA Post-Baccalaureate Diversity Excellence Scholarship
- Submit a completed Post-Baccalaureate Residency Application for Fall 2020.
- Complete the online PNCA Diversity Excellence Scholarship Application by July 24th.
- Submit official undergraduate degree transcripts to the PNCA Graduate Admissions Office. Unofficial transcripts can be used to apply, but we will need copies of all official transcripts as soon as you graduate from your current institution. If your undergraduate degree was earned outside of the United States, a transcript evaluation from WES, ECE or another NACES member must be submitted instead.
- Complete a CSS profile through CollegeBoard.org.
The PNCA Post Baccalaureate Diversity Excellence Scholarship Committee will determine the recipients of the following scholarship:
- One scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded to one Black, African American, Indigenous, Native American, or non-Black student of color. This scholarship is in addition to the initial merit and portfolio-based scholarship that students receive upon admission into PNCA.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Preference given to students with financial need as defined by federal and state guidelines
- Demonstration of the potential for excellence through a strong application to the graduate school
- Evaluation of the submitted Scholarship Application
- Preference for students from underrepresented racial or ethnic minorities
Application Deadline: Friday, July 24th, 2020 at 5:00 PM PST.
Award Notification: By the week of July 27th, 2020.