Post-Baccalaureate Residency’s Equity Scholarships
The recipient of the Post-Baccalaureate Equity Scholarship will receive $5000 for the one year residency. Each year, this scholarship will be awarded to Black, Indigenous, and non-Black students of color, or students who have demonstrated a commitment to working with impacted communities to end racial injustice who has been admitted to Pacific Northwest College of Art's Post-Baccalaureate Residency. This scholarship was developed to support individuals striving for excellence in their chosen fields, and is in addition to the initial merit and portfolio-based scholarship that students receive upon admission into PNCA.
How to apply for the PNCA Post-Baccalaureate Equity Scholarship
- Submit a completed Post-Baccalaureate Residency Application for Fall 2021.
- Complete the online Post-Baccalaureate Equity Scholarship Application by March 31st, 2021.
- Submit official undergraduate degree transcripts to the PNCA Graduate Admissions Office. Unofficial transcripts can be used to apply, but we will need copies of all official transcripts as soon as you graduate from your current institution. If your undergraduate degree was earned outside of the United States, a transcript evaluation from WES, ECE or another NACES member must be submitted instead.
- Complete a CSS profile through CollegeBoard.org.
The PNCA Post-Baccalaureate Equity Scholarship Committee will determine the recipients of the following scholarship:
- One scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded to Black, Indigenous, and non-Black students of color, or students who have demonstrated a commitment to working with impacted communities to end racial injustice. This scholarship is in addition to the initial merit and portfolio-based scholarship that students receive upon admission into PNCA.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Preference given to students with financial need as defined by federal and state guidelines
- Demonstration of the potential for excellence through a strong application to the graduate school
- Evaluation of the submitted Scholarship Application
- Preference for students from underrepresented racial or ethnic minorities
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2021 by 11:59 PM PST.
Award Notification: Week of April 12th, 2021.