Case Notifications & Reporting
Protocol Regarding Notifications to the Community
The college will track the number of COVID-19 cases on this web page and share information on COVID-19 positive cases of PNCA community members in a way that will help protect the health and safety of the community. When sharing information about a COVID-19 case with PNCA community members, the college will:
- immediately and privately contact individuals who may have had close contact with a community member who tested positive;
- send an email to the PNCA community with general information regarding notification date and specific locations on campus that may have been impacted;
- follow CDC guidance;
- follow federal privacy laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act;
- share information about COVID-19 with students, faculty, and staff without increasing fear and stigma;
- will notify the Multnomah County Health Department.
Regarding notification of a COVID-19 case in classes, student housing, or offices, unless you were in close contact with the person who tested positive, you may not be notified personally. Close contact is defined as spending a cumulative total of 15 minutes or longer within six feet of another person. If it has been determined that you were in close contact with the person who tested positive, you will be notified.
Please continue to follow the COVID-19 Protocols:
- Social distancing of 6 feet
- Wear your mask at all times
- Frequently wash your hands
- Sanitize all surfaces you touch, before and after.
If you aren’t comfortable being on campus in person, students should contact their faculty who will work with them to design a pathway to continue with their coursework remotely. Staff and faculty should reach out directly to their supervisors.
Help us continue to assess the impact of the virus and protect the PNCA community. If you are being tested or if you tested positive for COVID-19, we ask you to report this information to the college.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff notify:
Darby Knox, 585.732.4538 email@example.com
It is not necessary to report that you have taken an antibody test; report testing for the active virus only.