We are here to help with your college housing needs. New students live for their first year in ArtHouse supported by our Residence Life program.
Community Living and Learning
PNCA’s Residence Life program provides a supportive and vibrant environment that facilitates creativity and collaboration. We educate students through in-house social and academic activities as well as events that connect students to the life, culture, and arts of Portland.
The Residence Life program includes live-in Resident Advisors (RAs) who provide ongoing programming, resource guidance, and support for community living. RAs are current PNCA students trained to cultivate a safe and healthy community for our residents.
All new freshmen and transfer students live in ArtHouse, contemporary student housing on the North Park Blocks in the arts-focused Pearl District. Designed with PNCA students in mind, ArtHouse is just a 5-minute walk from the PNCA’s main campus building, the Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design.
The student apartments are light-filled spaces that face the park and the city, with hallways that serve as gallery spaces for student art. Apartments are furnished and feature modern kitchen appliances and washer/dryers. The Portland Streetcar, rail lines, and bus routes are within blocks of ArtHouse, as are a variety of entertainment and dining options.
Amenities and Features of Your New Home
- Fully furnished with custom-designed furniture
- All standard utilities included
- Fiber optic Ethernet connection with dedicated wireless routers in each unit
- Full kitchen with energy-saving appliances, including dishwasher and microwave
- Washer/dryer in each unit
- Large windows allowing in natural light and views of Portland’s cityscape
- Secure building entry system
- One specially trained residence life staff member per 21 students
- Community study area
- Student art galleries on each floor
- Rain garden and surrounding leisure deck
- Secured bicycle parking
- LEED registered building with green features
- f&b Café on the ground floor
- Renter’s insurance policy
- Nine-month housing contract including winter break
- Optional summer housing available (additional cost)
In and Around Your New Neighborhood: The Pearl
- More than 20 art galleries and abundant shopping and dining options
- Major bus lines, the Portland Streetcar, and the MAX Light Rail
- Union Station with Amtrak, Greyhound, and Bolt Bus service
- City car share program
- Walk Score of 98 (Walker’s Paradise) and Bike Score of 97 (Biker’s Paradise)
- Ranked #22 of 280 Portland attractions by TripAdvisor
Fall 2018 Pricing
Students may apply to rent their own private room or may request to share a bedroom with another PNCA student. New students should submit the completed ArtHouse Request Form as soon as possible for best consideration.
|SHARED BEDROOM IN MULTI-BEDROOM UNIT||$9,770||$4,885||$1,086|
|PRIVATE BEDROOM IN MULTI-BEDROOM UNIT||$14,008||$7,004||$1,556|
Academic Year Lease: August 29, 2018 - May 19, 2019 Shared Studio: $8,608 ($4,304/semester) Shared Bedroom, Multi-bedroom Unit: $9,770 ($4,885/semester) Private Bedroom, Multi-bedroom Unit: $14,008 ($7,004/semester) Private Studio Apartment: $17,214 ($8,607/semester)
Additional Charges Holding/Security Deposit: $300 due after Application Screening; Lease Application Fee $35 (paid as part of Lease Application, $20 Background Check and $15 Credit Check); Renter’s Insurance: $124 ($62 per semester) charged to student account; Residence Life Program Fee: $150 ($75 per semester) charged to student account
Mandatory Housing Policy and Exception Request Process
New PNCA undergraduates must reside in ArtHouse for the entire first year at PNCA unless they qualify for an exemption or successfully petition for an exception. Exemptions are granted for students who are married or who are living with parents or legal guardians within 30 miles of campus. On a case-by-case basis, the College will review requests for exceptions to this policy based on extraordinary circumstances (e.g., medical issue).