Inspiration from PNCA's Graduate Studies
May 13, 2020
We are pleased to offer another list of resources, entertainment, and inspiration to add some spice to your life right now. We are proud to share a community with so many passionate artists, designers, critical thinkers, writers, scholars, and makers of all kinds.
Let's continue to support and connect with one another for now, and for the future.
- Add this virtual fashion design talk from MCA Chicago with Kerby Jean-Raymond to your calendar for May 20! Jean-Raymond is an American fashion designer who uses his label, Pyer Moss, as a vehicle to address larger concerns in society.
- Data Viz Follow this beautiful correspondence project between Giorgia Lupi and Stefanie Posavec’s focused on Life Data Visualizations. These two information designers offer prompts for collecting and drawing information and hope from our lives.
- Delve into the history of Women in Printmaking with this article about the collective Atelier 17, whose members redefined beliefs about gender identity and artistic achievement in the 1940s and ’50s.
- Printed Matter! Check out these free online workshops on bookmaking and self publishing! Founded in 1976, Printed Matter, Inc. is the world’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination, understanding and appreciation of artists’ books and related publications.
- McSweeneys Take a little break from it all with some quirky and hilarious essays on everything from Sk8er Bois to Velociraptors to Life in the Age of Quarantine.
- CRAFTS Magazine has opened up its back catalog of issues for free online viewing! Check out gorgeous craft from the 1970s up to the present!
- Virtually visit this beautiful new online exhibition from Portland gallery (and neighbor to PNCA!) Adams + Ollman Indie Folk: New Art from the Pacific Northwest
- And last but not least, an extensive listing of artist opportunities from Hyperallergic!
An update from the Director of Hallie Ford School of Graduate Studies, MK Guth, on how PNCA is moving forward for Fall 2020!
Join this exceptional group of artists and printmakers as they present their thesis projects and research, as well as ongoing and future projects.
Congratulations to all the Critical Studies 2020 Dual Degree Graduates!